BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Jun 1, 2009

COOLEST JOB - EVER

"Let the world change you... and you can change the world,"
~ Ernesto 'Che' Guevara.

After listening to stories of doom and gloom, utter chaos and total a
rmageddon when it comes to the state of the newspaper industry, it's hard to not think about a possible career change.

I'm (barely) still young enough, I've got some experience and some unique qualifications under my belt. So, I think I could land a job in another
field - preferably one that's not sinking.

But, when I think about what it is I could do every day for the rest of my life, I draw a blank. Save for travelling the world or being super rich - but, lets be realistic, here - I cannot imagine what would make me more happier than being a journalist.

Think about it with me for a sec.

Every day I learn something new or meet someone new. No day is ever the same. I'm like a mini expert in myriad areas after doing the reasearch to accompany stories. I get to ask people - perfect strangers - the most random questions... and they usually answer. I get to be creative and write compelling stories about these strangers I meet. I can be inspired by others in the community. And hopefully just one reader is moved by that same story.

In effect, I can change the world.

OK, the last maybe a little bit far-fetched, but you know what I'm getting at.

0 comments:

Post a Comment